Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Update

Hi Everyone...

We are still around and still using MP...

My oldest graduated from homeschool a few years ago and just transferred from community college to Drew University here in NJ...He is a Biology/Pre Med major and is doing well...He just turned 21 this past weekend 🥰

My two youngest are still in high school here at home, using a mix of MP and not just one grade level...I work in the early mornings in a bakery, so we are doing the best we can with our studies...They are really into disc golf and use any spare time they have (roughly 3-5 hours a day 😳) to practice the sport, enter tournaments or work out...They are planning to travel and play disc golf professionally after graduation, so they are not planning to go to college straight out of high school...They are also not certain of what they want to do after travel disc golf, so they will attend college when they know what they are going for...

Anyhow, that is our little update 😉...This past year has been rough with my work schedule, but hopefully things will be a little less crazy this year!
    Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
    DS -21 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
    DS -17 (9/04) (SN)
    DS -15 (7/06)

Tahara,

Welcome back to the forum! Sorry I missed this when it was posted as I was off for a couple of weeks with the start of school. Glad to hear you are doing well. I saw disk golf on TV a few weeks ago - it looks like fun.
    Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
    15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
    DD College Freshman
    DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
    DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
    DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

Hi Dorinda

We start next week, so it is not crazy for me yet...The calm before the storm 😉
      Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
      DS -21 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
      DS -17 (9/04) (SN)
      DS -15 (7/06)

Comment

21! No way <3

I'm glad to see you back here.
        Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
        DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
        DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
        DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
        DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
        DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

Tahara, it is wonderful to hear from you! I'm so glad your children are well and are finding their various ways in the world.

You know, I'm forever indebted to you for sharing (many years ago!) your concerns & problems with Waldorf-style education. It helped me make the full commitment to something classical early on.

Hugs to you, friend!!
          Ana, mama to
          ds A, 15 yo
          ds N, 10 yo

Comment

Working...
          X