No announcement yet.

Geometry recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, I have a teacher guide I bought used years ago. It has tests in the front of it and it also has the answers to the tests right after the tests. I’m not sure why there would need to be a separate answer key unless there are different tests they are answering.
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 27, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 25, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 23, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
    (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
    DS, 21, Physics and math major
    DD, 18, dyslexic, 12th grade dual enrolled
    DS, 14, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 9th MPOA diploma student
    DD, 8 , 2nd Future astronaut, robot building space artist

Comment

I know there was a book of tests, and I had assumed the answer key went with that, but if HLS used it I thought maybe I had missed something. The answer key has answers to 60+ tests and it does not match the ones in the front.
      DD 17 | 12th
      DS 15 | 9th
      DD 13 | 8th
      2021-2022

13th Year HSing, 9th Year MP

Comment

I have no idea where the tests are that go with this Test Key. I just found it on our shelf and assumed it was the solutions to the tests in the book, but it's not. So maybe I just randomly have this for no reason?

Tanya

Comment

There was no test book for geometry when I purchased. I don’t believe Cindy wrote any because I thought she didn’t have permission from the publisher. The tests were/are in the front of teachers manual along with answers, but no worked out solutions like you find in the solutions key for homework. I guess it is possible she did more thorough answers for the chapter tests in the teachers manual.
          Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
          15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
          DD College Freshman
          DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
          DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
          DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
            Here are the ISBNs for the Geometry we are using. Sorry for the delay. I have been at the Kansas homeschool convention and out of the office. These books are out of print now, so we can't get any more. You will need to buy them used while they are available.

Geometry Teacher 9780395977286
            Geometry Student 9780395977279
            Geometry Solution Key 9780395677667
            Geometry Answer Key to Tests 9780395470718

Tanya
            Is it a Memoria press published answer key or a publisher book?
            Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
            DD College Freshman

Comment

The publisher sold it. It must go with the book of tests also by the publisher.
              DD 17 | 12th
              DS 15 | 9th
              DD 13 | 8th
              2021-2022

13th Year HSing, 9th Year MP

Comment

It is a product that goes with the textbook. We didn't generate it.

Tanya

Comment

Maybe it was meant to go with this test bank? https://www.amazon.com/McDougal-Litt.../dp/0395555973 It has the same 1990 publication date as the mysterious Answer Key. It's sort of a moot point, though, since this test book is not available anywhere. Not sure if Tanya may remember ever having seen it at HLS.
                  DS (16)
                  DD (15)
                  DS (7)

Comment

I feel like our teachers always wrote their own tests. They never seem to like the tests in the textbooks. Teachers are like that. We reinvent the wheel.

Tanya

Comment

Has anyone done Algebra and Geometry together? Would that work doing Algebra 1 and Geom or wait until Alg 2 is started?
                      The Older Boys:
                      J- 6/96: (CAPD/mild ASD) working/living on his own
                      S- 11/98: Jan. 2022- BYU-I accounting major

The Middle Boys:
                      G- 4/04 (mild ASD/mild intellectual delay)
                      D- 5/05 (mild processing issues)

The Princess:
                      F- 7/08

The Youngest Boy:
                      M- 9/16

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                        Has anyone done Algebra and Geometry together? Would that work doing Algebra 1 and Geom or wait until Alg 2 is started?
                        I haven’t done it personally, but I know my niece in public school doubled up by combining algebra 2 and geometry. I have been contemplating working on algebra 2 and geometry together with my rising freshman. I haven’t really figured out the best way to do it, but I hate to drop all the algebra to switch to geometry especially for this kid.
                        Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
                        DD College Freshman

Comment

You could do both Geometry and Algebra 2 the same year, just remember each is a full class. There is a lot of basic algebra used in Geometry so I wouldn’t do Geo and Algebra 1. Students need to be able to set up equations and solve for c and also have a very solid understanding of ratio algebra to be successful in geometry.

Comment

Ha! That should have said solve for “x” . No idea what “x” autocorrects to “c” as neither is a standalone word. 🙄 Basically, solve for an unknown quantity.

Comment

Working...
                            X