Chemistry time needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chemistry time needed

Can anyone comment on how long their children work on novare chemistry per day? I am trying to decide between home, the online academy, or another route, but I am curious how long it takes. Some of the online classes give an estimate, but chemistry does not. Thanks!
    Dorinda

For 2020-2021
    DD 17-12th with MPOA(Classical Studies 3), CLRC (Latin 6, Greek 5), Thinkwell (Calculus and Chemistry), Vita Beata (Divine Comedy), American History
    DS 15-9th with Lukeion(Latin 1 and Greek 1), Vita Beata (9th Literature)
    DS 12-7th with Right Start Level H online class, Vita Beata (6th Literature)
    DS 6 - 2nd blazing our own trail with Right Start D and a mix of MP materials

Dorinda,
    I don’t have that info for you; my kids can never give me an accurate picture of how long they spend on something. If they are enjoying it, they don’t mention it at all - even if it is sucking up gobs of time (like Modern European history .

I will say...this course was better for my kids as an actual MPOA course. Our oldest had such a great teacher (Mrs Dickmeyer) that Chemistry became her favorite subject of high school. The next two kids both tried to simply study the text at home, but really found it frustrating - until they were able to watch older sister’s recorded classes. That helped tremendously. So, second child got through it that way. Third child was getting through it, but decided to drop it altogether to be able to devote the time to the aforementioned history course. I am planning to sign her up with MPOA for it next year (hopefully with Mrs Dickmeyer again) once those classes are released.

Not really the help you asked for except to say that for us, MPOA makes it a much better course than trying to do it alone.

AMDG,
    Sarah
    2020-2021
    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
    DS, 17
    DD, 15
    DD, 13
    DD, 11
    DD, 9
    DD, 7
    +DS+
    DS, 2

Comment

About an hour per day
      DS15, MPOA HS Comp III & Material Logic, mostly MP with substitutions 2020-2021

"[May] the peace of God, which passes all understanding, ... keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Comment

Working...
      X