9th grade science recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9th grade science recommendation

My daughter is currently in 8th grade and taking Biology with MPOA. She is doing very well. If she had math skills commensurate with the rest of her peers I could put her in Chemistry or Physics for 9th grade, but she will only be starting Algebra 1. I do not want her in a class that asks for Algebra 1 as a prerequisite. I am having difficulty figuring out what to have her do for science. She does not have any real interest in Anatomy/Physiology, which is the only other high school course I see for high school students. I am considering teaching her AP Biology, but since I did not think ahead on this I have not been doing her Biology class to even know what has been covered, little alone to know what I should cover for AP Biology (I know that I can learn about it on the AP site). Does anyone have any other recommendations for what she should take?
    JeJe Greer
    Mom to:
    Stella 9th grade with half MP and half Schole Academy classes
    Clara (Combination of SC 5/6 and 4th New User)

I noticed that you haven't gotten a response. You might try an earth science course (example: https://modg.org/curriculum/syllabus/35) in 9th grade while she completes algebra 1. I personally think Novare Earth Science with an added project would make for a very good course high school. Astronomy could work too.
    DS16, mix of MP and other resources 2021-2022

"[May] the peace of God, which passes all understanding, ... keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Comment

plb Thank you for the recommendation. I think that we will look into Earth Science classes since this would seem to be a good year for one.
      JeJe Greer
      Mom to:
      Stella 9th grade with half MP and half Schole Academy classes
      Clara (Combination of SC 5/6 and 4th New User)

Comment

Here is a science booklist I found helpful: https://www.hedgeschool.com/Sub_Home...tml#anchor_205
        You can use some of the selections to supplement Earth Science if you decide to go that route.
        DS16, mix of MP and other resources 2021-2022

"[May] the peace of God, which passes all understanding, ... keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Comment

Working...
        X