geometry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs Bee View Post
    How did I miss there are no videos for Geometry... I was assuming they existed. This post about grading proofs at home is seared in my memory, something good to keep in mind.
    We are up to module C in VT Geometry and I think we may need to switch formats for my son. Not sure yet. Ordered the old MP book. Mining posts for information. The link is broken here. Mrs Bee can you find that again for me?
    MP since 2011
    DS, 15, MP 10th grade
    DS, 13, MP 8th grade

Comment

Sure, Esther ! I must have made a mess with that link, but this is the post I had in mind: https://forum.memoriapress.com/forum...ding-questions

I ended up enrolling my two big kids with MPOA Geometry - they say their teacher (a gem!) is not all that happy with they way this textbook teaches proofs.
      DS (16)
      DD (15)
      DS (7)

Comment

Mrs Bee perfect thanks. I mean not great, since this is a vast amount of work and I'm also teaching Chemistry to him myself, but it is what I needed to hear, thanks for linking it. MPOA is working for him in some subjects but I am confident geometry would be a train wreck. Glad it is working for you though. Maybe I will wind up gleaning from both geometry courses. Just what I needed to round out our year was to come up with my own curriculum progression!!
        MP since 2011
        DS, 15, MP 10th grade
        DS, 13, MP 8th grade

Comment

We all know that feeling, Esther! At least you're not alone :-) It's not ideal to change things mid-way, but one has got to find what really works, it's worth it. Good luck!
          DS (16)
          DD (15)
          DS (7)

Comment

I found this place for math tutoring kathywarmantutoring.com that uses the MP geometry textbook. The pricing page has 2020/2021 dates so I don’t know if she just hasn’t updated her website. I would think if she quit the service she would close the site. I don’t need it this year, but it might be worth trying to register and see if you get a response if it sounds interesting.
            Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
            15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
            DD College Freshman
            DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
            DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
            DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

Working...
            X