Packages for grades 11 and 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packages for grades 11 and 12

We are still a ways off from this, but are there plans to have a grade 11 and 12 "package" the way there are for the other grades? Do a lot of families end up using dual enrollment and so don't need full packages for those grades? I see a partial list in the catalog, but not on the website. My oldest will be in 8th grade next year, and already in high school math, so we are looking ahead to how to plan her high school years.
    2020-2021 Eighth year homeschooling, first year using MP cores!
    DD - grade 7
    DS - grade 3
    Five born to Heaven, between 2009 and 2014
    DH is a bivocational pastor
    Celebrating 18 years of marriage this year.

There may be more updated information, but here is a link that has some previous discussion to get you started: Last level of MP - Classical Education and Curriculum Discussion at Memoria Press
    Bean. Long time MP user. I usually post before my coffee is finished. I apologize in advance for my typos and grammatical mishaps.

DD 10th: Aerospace enthusiast. All AP & dual enrollment courses for 20-21.

Comment

Hello.

We do plan to have 11th and 12th grade packages, and they are laid out here: https://www.memoriapress.com/classical-catalog/ in the middle of the catalog (around p. 40, I think). We have a lot of it lesson planned, but I don't have good solutions for math and science, so we are struggling there. Everything else is coming along fine. I'm not sure when we will be ready to release them, but hopefully it will be before you need them!

Tanya

Comment

Have you considered doing the CMs for those grades without math and science? I know a lot of academic kids do precalculus then calculus, but some do precalculus then statistics. Also, not everyone wants or needs a fourth year of science. Those who do tend to find an outside teacher or class to handle it.

Since you offer individual lesson plans, you could make those subjects available later if it worked out.

Just a thought. We were pretty much always "off" from the packages with math and science, though.
        Bean. Long time MP user. I usually post before my coffee is finished. I apologize in advance for my typos and grammatical mishaps.

DD 10th: Aerospace enthusiast. All AP & dual enrollment courses for 20-21.

Comment

Originally posted by bean View Post
          Have you considered doing the CMs for those grades without math and science? I know a lot of academic kids do precalculus then calculus, but some do precalculus then statistics. Also, not everyone wants or needs a fourth year of science. Those who do tend to find an outside teacher or class to handle it.

Since you offer individual lesson plans, you could make those subjects available later if it worked out.

Just a thought. We were pretty much always "off" from the packages with math and science, though.
          I love this idea. We are also "off" from the packages with math and science and would love to buy these packages without it. Getting a CM is so helpful - it saves time to see each year how you've balanced the work (some subjects 3x/week, others each day) vs. planning it myself with individual lesson plans.
          Last edited by hermione310; 02-01-2021, 09:10 AM. Reason: read after coffee : )
          DD 14 - MP 8/9

Comment

I just may do this! It makes it much more doable for us.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
              I just may do this! It makes it much more doable for us.

Tanya
              Go, tanya, go. You have nine years to get it all squared away. Okay, make that eight years as I want to get the 11th Grade curriculum a year early to read through it myself.
              2020/2021 - 3rd MP Year
              S - 7, 1st Grader @ HLN and home
              D - 5, Junior Kindergartener @ home
              S - 3, Junior-Junior Kindergartener @ home

Comment

This summer? Maybe not. Eight years? I think I can do that!

Comment

Maybe aim for two years? My girl will be in eighth next year, so we don’t need it until 2024-2025!

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                  This summer? Maybe not. Eight years? I think I can do that!
                  2020-2021 Eighth year homeschooling, first year using MP cores!
                  DD - grade 7
                  DS - grade 3
                  Five born to Heaven, between 2009 and 2014
                  DH is a bivocational pastor
                  Celebrating 18 years of marriage this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X