My Lesson Plans for On Obligations and The Republic & the Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Lesson Plans for On Obligations and The Republic & the Law

I made some MP Style lesson plans for Cicero. I didn't have a lot of time, so they are pretty generic but will help keep us on schedule. I'm posting them in case they may be helpful to anyone else until MP gets better ones made.
    Attached Files
    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
    ds 25, graduated
    dd 11th Grade
    dd 8th Grade
    ds 6th Grade

Nice job! We are doing this with Vita Beata this year, but we are doing Republic and Laws first, then On Obligations, all in one semester. It is challenging material, and I think you are wise to spread it out like this. I kind of wish we had, but we also wanted to get City of God in. Thanks for sharing!
    Kristin
    Kristin - Administrator for Vita Beata (discussion classes for MP users)
    DD19; AFROTC and Aerospace Engineering Major
    DD16; Senior - doing MP Divine Comedy, Renaissance & Reformation, Cicero & Augustine, and moderating 4th Grade Literature for Vita Beata.

Comment

Originally posted by klwalukas View Post
      Nice job! We are doing this with Vita Beata this year, but we are doing Republic and Laws first, then On Obligations, all in one semester. It is challenging material, and I think you are wise to spread it out like this. I kind of wish we had, but we also wanted to get City of God in. Thanks for sharing!
      Kristin
      Thanks :-) We'll be doing City of God next year. At first I thought they both were a semester because of the MPOA class, but then I found a post by Tanya saying that they are a year, so I scheduled them that way. Maybe they do them one way at the school and another online?
      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
      ds 25, graduated
      dd 11th Grade
      dd 8th Grade
      ds 6th Grade

Comment

The projected sequence in the catalog shows them being done in one year (11th) but I don't think you can go wrong with your plan!
        Kristin
        DD16; Senior - doing MP Divine Comedy, Renaissance & Reformation, Cicero & Augustine, and moderating 4th Grade Literature for Vita Beata.

Comment

The projected sequence in the catalog shows them being done in one year (11th) but I don't think you can go wrong with your plan!
          Kristin
          Interesting, I wonder what they have for the senior year. I need to look at the online one. For some reason I can't find any of my paper ones. I cleaned and now can't find anything, LOL.
          Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
          ds 25, graduated
          dd 11th Grade
          dd 8th Grade
          ds 6th Grade

Comment

Kristin
            I found it on the online catalog. I've not heard of what they have projected for 12th...so now I have to investigate ;-)
            Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
            ds 25, graduated
            dd 11th Grade
            dd 8th Grade
            ds 6th Grade

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post

Interesting, I wonder what they have for the senior year. I need to look at the online one. For some reason I can't find any of my paper ones. I cleaned and now can't find anything, LOL.
              Senior year is Apologetics and Metaphysics - Mere Christianity, A Shorter Summa, Consolation of Philosophy, and some other works I can't remember off the top of my head.
              Kristin

Comment

Well, there isn't anything about either of them on the website, which means I'll have to start another post :-D I don't feel so badly about missing them since they aren't online.
                Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
                ds 25, graduated
                dd 11th Grade
                dd 8th Grade
                ds 6th Grade

Comment

Senior year is Apologetics and Metaphysics - Mere Christianity, A Shorter Summa, Consolation of Philosophy, and some other works I can't remember off the top of my head.
                  Kristin
                  Where did you find out more about it? I can't find anything about them on MP's website.
                  Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
                  ds 25, graduated
                  dd 11th Grade
                  dd 8th Grade
                  ds 6th Grade

Comment

Where did you find out more about it? I can't find anything about them on MP's website.
                    They are in the catalog, on the page that has the curriculum sequence laid out through 12th grade. You can't see all the titles, but we discussed them in one of the Sodalitas tracks. I'll look for them.

Comment

They are in the catalog, on the page that has the curriculum sequence laid out through 12th grade. You can't see all the titles, but we discussed them in one of the Sodalitas tracks. I'll look for them.
                      Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Since I can't find my catalogs, I was going just by what is listed on the website for purchase, and none of them are in the Classical Studies section yet. I just found an older post by Tanya that has the page for the accelerated schedule, and it split those over 11th and 12th instead of all in 12th. She basically said they were trying to squeeze all of those into 12th grade on the moderate schedule. I'm not sure what we'll do. I could split them and City of God between Classical Studies and Christian Studies...
                      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
                      ds 25, graduated
                      dd 11th Grade
                      dd 8th Grade
                      ds 6th Grade

Comment

Well, there isn't anything about either of them on the website, which means I'll have to start another post :-D I don't feel so badly about missing them since they aren't online.
                        Texts for Metaphysics: A History of Philosophy, Volume I: Greece and Rome (selections) by Frederick Copleston, S.J. The Last Days of Socrates (Phaedo, Apology) by Plato, Republic (Book 7) by Plato, Physics, Book I by Aristotle, The Nature of the Gods by Cicero, A Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius, A Shorter Summa by Peter Kreeft

Christian Apologetics: Mere Christianity; Fundamentals of the Faith, Orthodoxy.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Since I can't find my catalogs, I was going just by what is listed on the website for purchase, and none of them are in the Classical Studies section yet. I just found an older post by Tanya that has the page for the accelerated schedule, and it split those over 11th and 12th instead of all in 12th. She basically said they were trying to squeeze all of those into 12th grade on the moderate schedule. I'm not sure what we'll do. I could split them and City of God between Classical Studies and Christian Studies...
                          You can see the catalog on the website. I asked if they had the texts in a set yet, and they said no. My daughter will be done, but I am hoping to do these with Vita Beata in the next few years.

Comment

Texts for Metaphysics: A History of Philosophy, Volume I: Greece and Rome (selections) by Frederick Copleston, S.J. The Last Days of Socrates (Phaedo, Apology) by Plato, Republic (Book 7) by Plato, Physics, Book I by Aristotle, The Nature of the Gods by Cicero, A Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius, A Shorter Summa by Peter Kreeft

Christian Apologetics: Mere Christianity; Fundamentals of the Faith, Orthodoxy.
                            Thanks so much!! Hopefully MP will have them available by next year. I'm especially interested in the Metaphysics course for Classical Studies for my daughter next year and could do City of God by itself or with some or all of the Apologetics course for Christian Studies.
                            Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
                            ds 25, graduated
                            dd 11th Grade
                            dd 8th Grade
                            ds 6th Grade

Comment

You can see the catalog on the website. I asked if they had the texts in a set yet, and they said no. My daughter will be done, but I am hoping to do these with Vita Beata in the next few years.
                              Yes, I have been looking at it but hadn't looked at that section until you mentioned it (was just looking at the Classical Studies section).
                              Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
                              ds 25, graduated
                              dd 11th Grade
                              dd 8th Grade
                              ds 6th Grade

Comment

Working...
                              X