Newer 10th Grade Lit Package question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer 10th Grade Lit Package question

What is the order for the novels in the current 10th grade lit package, and how many weeks are spent per book?
    Thank you!
    Kristin - Administrator for Vita Beata (discussion classes for MP users)
    DD19; AFROTC and Aerospace Engineering Major
    DD17; Senior - doing MP Divine Comedy, Renaissance & Reformation, Cicero & Augustine, and moderating 4th Grade Literature for Vita Beata.

I’d be interested to hear how different the current 10M is from my copy of 9A that is a few years old now, since things keep getting moved around. It was laid out as follows:
    8 weeks Scarlet Letter
    7 weeks Julius Caesar
    12 weeks Poetry, Prose, & Drama Book II
    7 weeks To Kill a Mockingbird

I won’t be following this literature schedule for the next school year with DD13, since we are covering five Shakespeare plays before the fall semester starts (using MP guides). Needed to free up some room for continuing Greek and adding Renaissance & Reformation during the “school year.” Will definitely be keeping Poetry, Prose & Drama Book II.

Blessings,
    Jude
    DD24
    DS21
    DS18
    DS16
    DD14
    DS11
    DD9

Comment

Originally posted by SaintJude7 View Post
      I’d be interested to hear how different the current 10M is from my copy of 9A that is a few years old now, since things keep getting moved around. It was laid out as follows:
      8 weeks Scarlet Letter
      7 weeks Julius Caesar
      12 weeks Poetry, Prose, & Drama Book II
      7 weeks To Kill a Mockingbird

I won’t be following this literature schedule for the next school year with DD13, since we are covering five Shakespeare plays before the fall semester starts (using MP guides). Needed to free up some room for continuing Greek and adding Renaissance & Reformation during the “school year.” Will definitely be keeping Poetry, Prose & Drama Book II.

Blessings,
      Jude
      The new schedule must be pretty different since it eliminates TKAM, and adds "Romeo and Juliet" and "Pride and Prejudice." They must not include all of the poetry, because if you add up all the weeks assigned in the individual lesson plans, it comes to 41 weeks, and I have never seen MP lesson plans go for that long.
      Thanks for the reply!
      Kristin
      DD17; Senior - doing MP Divine Comedy, Renaissance & Reformation, Cicero & Augustine, and moderating 4th Grade Literature for Vita Beata.

Comment

We have the 10th grade manual, and it is still the same as 9A was. The lesson plan for Romeo and Juliet is included in the Appendix, not in the actual school year.

Since I want my 10th grader to do Romeo & Juliet, I am going to shorten the length of time spent on Poetry and Short Stories: down to 6 weeks instead of 12.

AMDG,
        Sarah
        2020-2021
        16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
        DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
        DS, 17
        DD, 15
        DD, 13
        DD, 11
        DD, 9
        DD, 7
        +DS+
        DS, 2

Comment

Oh, and Prejudice is not included at all.

I just got my manual this year...so I think it’s current.

AMDG,
          Sarah
          2020-2021
          DS, 17
          DD, 15
          DD, 13
          DD, 11
          DD, 9
          DD, 7
          +DS+
          DS, 2

Comment

I just recently edited these literature lesson plans for 10th grade. I have scheduled the books like this:

Romeo & Juliet 6 weeks
            Poetry 6 weeks
            Scarlet Letter 7 weeks
            Poetry 4 weeks
            Julius Caesar 4 weeks
            Pride & Prejudice 8 weeks
            Summer Enrichment - Poetry 2 weeks

I don't know that we have released this yet, but if you bought already and want me to send the new ones to you, just send me an email. I'm not sure why I changed them. I think I really wanted to work in all the novels in the year.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
              I just recently edited these literature lesson plans for 10th grade. I have scheduled the books like this:

Romeo & Juliet 6 weeks
              Poetry 6 weeks
              Scarlet Letter 7 weeks
              Poetry 4 weeks
              Julius Caesar 4 weeks
              Pride & Prejudice 8 weeks
              Summer Enrichment - Poetry 2 weeks

I don't know that we have released this yet, but if you bought already and want me to send the new ones to you, just send me an email. I'm not sure why I changed them. I think I really wanted to work in all the novels in the year.

Tanya
              Thank you!

Comment

Tanya,
                Have those changes been made to the 10th grade manual? Because I would like those instead.

AMDG,
                Sarah
                2020-2021
                DS, 17
                DD, 15
                DD, 13
                DD, 11
                DD, 9
                DD, 7
                +DS+
                DS, 2

Comment

tanya Does this mean that the individual lesson plans for some of those books will be changed too, or perhaps you will have two versions to choose from? Right now Julius Caesar is 7 weeks, Scarlet Letter is 8, and Poetry II is 12 weeks. Thank you!
                  DS (16)
                  DD (15)
                  DS (7)

Comment

We will be editing the individual lesson plans by book. That isn't done yet though. It's on my list!

Tanya

Comment

Actually, I said 7 weeks for Julius Caesar based on the page with the list of individual literature lesson plans, but the download has it done in just 5 weeks (though the file name still says 7 weeks), so it looks like at least JC has already undergone a modification compared to the schedule Jude mentioned.
                      DS (16)
                      DD (15)
                      DS (7)

Comment

Interesting. I need to get on that project.

Comment

I recently ordered the 10th grade manual for the 2020-21. I'd love to get the updates for literature, modern history and geometry(Videotext) when they are ready. Thank you.
                          DS16, mix of MP and other resources 2021-2022

"[May] the peace of God, which passes all understanding, ... keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Comment

plb,

Would you send me an email with your shipping address? As soon as I finish with the 10th grade curriculum manual, I'll send you a replacement. My email is [email protected].

Tanya

Comment

Looking ahead for next year, I pulled up the 10th grade curriculum manual sample and it still has To Kill a Mockingbird and doesn't have P&P. Is it just that the sample on the website hasn't been changed yet?
                              Brit - Catholic homeschooling mom to 5 - 3 big boys ('01, '03, and '06), daughter ('10 - Down syndrome), and one more boy ('15 - always wound up, and non-stop movement and noise)

Comment

Working...
                              X