After First Form Greek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After First Form Greek

Hello, everyone! My daughter is going to be finishing up First Form Greek soon and we are thinking about what will be next. I thought Second Form Greek was going to be coming out at some point, but don't see it anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kristen
    Kristen

DD 16
    DD 13
    DS 11
    DS 9

The last we heard SFG was indeed coming sometime soon (late fall of this year?), but what kids have used to follow FFG since FFG was released is this text:

https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...iblical-greek/

AMDG,
    Sarah
    2020-2021
    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
    DS, 17
    DD, 15
    DD, 13
    DD, 11
    DD, 9
    DD, 7
    +DS+
    DS, 2

Comment

Thank you! That's very helpful. We will see what is available by the time she finishes FFG!
      Kristen

DD 16
      DD 13
      DS 11
      DS 9

Comment

Heads up: there's going to be a talk on high school Greek at the online conference in July (Wed. 7/8 10am to noon): it's a good place to get the latest on Second Form and have your questions answered. Schedule here, conference details here.
        DS (14)
        DD (13)
        DS (6)

Comment

Perfect! I am registered for the conference and will be sure to attend that talk. Thanks!
          Kristen

DD 16
          DD 13
          DS 11
          DS 9

Comment

Hi, I just wanted to see if there is an update on Second Form Greek. I took a look at Biblical Greek and would rather go directly into SFG if it is coming out any time soon. Thanks!
            Kristen

DD 16
            DD 13
            DS 11
            DS 9

Comment

If Second Form Greek still isn't available, you may want to think about switching to Athenaze. It's a college textbook but uses a reading method of teaching that makes it appropriate for a motivated middle- or high-schooler. You would want to use both the textbook and the workbook. Rainbow Resource also has a Teacher's Handbook that would probably be helpful if you don't know Greek or have a tutor.

Comment

Thank you, Meg! I will check that out.
                Kristen

DD 16
                DD 13
                DS 11
                DS 9

Comment

Second Form Greek will be available by late summer for use in the fall. I know that because we HAVE to have it for HLS. I have promised! It is in the editing stage now.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                  X