Timeline for Accelerated 10th -12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeline for Accelerated 10th -12th

I have been stalking the boards and I haven't found an update on the plans to rollout accelerated 10th-12th. I have an upcoming 10th grader who is finishing up 9th accelerated and would be moving to 10th accelerated. Are there plans to have that ready this spring/summer? And what are the plans for the 11th and 12th accelerated? Just trying to plan the remaining years of HS.

Thank you so much,
    Davina

Davina,

We have a plan in place for 10th-12th accelerated. I will attach the layout here. 2019_Cmap_Accelerated (8.5x11) reduced size.pdf I am hoping to have the 10th Accelerated package ready this summer, but I don't know about geometry. I may have lesson plans, but I feel like I need more than that - like instructional dvds. Anyway, my goal is to have a curriculum manual sometime this summer, but we still need to tweak how to make these high school classes doable for the homeschooler. These are classes that really require experts in their fields to do them justice. I was just in our 10th grade City of God class recently, and the teacher was literally walking the students through it paragraph by paragraph. I guess my first goal will be a curriculum manual, but then I need to do some serious thinking about how we can help you guys implement it!

Tanya

Comment

Thank you so much, Tanya. This is very helpful. Not sure if this will all be ready as my oldest moves through her last few years but hopefully by the time her younger siblings get to high school.

Comment

The last Classical Teacher had Metaphysics and Apologetics slated for 12th grade, but this shows them split between 11th and 12th for the accelerated track. Is it realistic to be able to complete both in a single year or would it more likely have to be a choice between the two for those on the standard track?
        DD 15 | 10th Grade
        DS 13 | 7th Grade with SFL
        DD 12 | 6A with SFL

Comment

Jennifer,

It is a lot, but we lose a year in the regular track, so we are squeezing it all in. My advice would be that you only complete what you can get done. Metaphysics is definitely the most difficult of these classes, and it is also a class students don't typically go into college with! I took The Divine Comedy out of 12th to make it a little easier. But 11th now has Dante and AP Virgil. Our high school curriculum for homeschoolers just needs to state that some subjects are optional - like Renaissance & Reformation in 9th grade. We don't do that class at HLS, but we added it because homeschoolers really wanted a course in this time period. We are so adamant about getting everything done in primary and grammar school because we are setting the foundation for high school, but by high school, you will need to make some concessions. You can't do it all! We have Metaphysics in 11th at HLS because we have an Art & Artchitecture class in 12th that is paired with Apologetics. But I don't have that ready to publish. When it is ready, it will be an option instead of Metaphysics.

I feel like I am struggling to keep up myself since I have an HLS path, a regular path, and an accelerated path, and none of them is the same! High school is complicated.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
            Jennifer,

It is a lot, but we lose a year in the regular track, so we are squeezing it all in. My advice would be that you only complete what you can get done. Metaphysics is definitely the most difficult of these classes, and it is also a class students don't typically go into college with! I took The Divine Comedy out of 12th to make it a little easier. But 11th now has Dante and AP Virgil. Our high school curriculum for homeschoolers just needs to state that some subjects are optional - like Renaissance & Reformation in 9th grade. We don't do that class at HLS, but we added it because homeschoolers really wanted a course in this time period. We are so adamant about getting everything done in primary and grammar school because we are setting the foundation for high school, but by high school, you will need to make some concessions. You can't do it all! We have Metaphysics in 11th at HLS because we have an Art & Artchitecture class in 12th that is paired with Apologetics. But I don't have that ready to publish. When it is ready, it will be an option instead of Metaphysics.

I feel like I am struggling to keep up myself since I have an HLS path, a regular path, and an accelerated path, and none of them is the same! High school is complicated.

Tanya
            Art and Architecture sounds awesome! By the way, this, along with the Upper School Curriculum that you posted in the other thread makes it so much easier for me to see what I need to do over the next 5 years. Stella is not on the accelerated track, so please remind me that I do not have to do it all!
            JeJe Greer
            Mom to:
            Stella (7M)
            Clara (SC)

Comment

Working...
            X