Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medieval History books

Good afternoon,

I've read through previous posts to try to answer my question, but still unsure. I had intended for my son to take Medieval History through MPOA next year, but he decided he'd like to continue on with Comp instead. So that leaves us with history with mom. I ordered the Hollister book a couple of months ago and really like it, but there are no beautiful MP guides to use with this book. How does this book compare with the new Medieval course with guides? Should I just add the Hollister book to our library and call it reference, then order the new MP set? Or, how could I use this book without a guide?
    Katie

2019/20 6th year with MP
    DS 15: 10th, MPOA: HS Comp II, Economics
    DD 13: 7th, MPOA: Latin, Chreia/Maxim & Ref/Con
    DD 9: 4th using 3A
    Twin DD's 7: 1st

We love the Hollister book, and the only reason we don't use it is because it went out of print and we couldn't get permission for a reprint. That is why our study guide is for a different book. So you could switch if you feel like you need a guide. Or you could have your student read and then summarize each chapter, including important terms and dates if you want to use Hollister. This would require more work for you to develop the course. The advantage to our course is that we have done all the hard work for you! But either way you go, you have chosen a good text!

Tanya

Comment

Good morning, Tanya!

Thanks for your thoughts. As I look through this book further, I think we will use it. Yes, more work on my end but I sure have more time now that we are on lock down!
      Katie

2019/20 6th year with MP
      DS 15: 10th, MPOA: HS Comp II, Economics
      DD 13: 7th, MPOA: Latin, Chreia/Maxim & Ref/Con
      DD 9: 4th using 3A
      Twin DD's 7: 1st

Comment

Working...
      X