Common Topic lesson plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common Topic lesson plans

My daughter will be doing Common Topic next year. We've used MPOA thus far for composition, but we're going to try doing it on our own next year. If I get the videos to go with it, are the lesson plans helpful? Or are they written for people who are just using the books? I'm not sure how much the videos will guide us through the book.
    Samantha
    mom to 3:
    2 graduates
    1 8th grader doing a combination of MPOA and MP at home

The lesson plans are just broken down so that you do a section a day. You can see a sample in the 8th grade curriculum manual on our website. Once you have one lesson figured out, the rest are the same.

Tanya

Comment

Thanks Tanya!
      Samantha
      mom to 3:
      2 graduates

Comment

One more question...

Our experience has been that you don't do all the lessons so you have some to use for review the next course. Is this outlined in the course or is this in the lesson plans?
        Samantha
        mom to 3:
        2 graduates

Comment

For Common Topic, it really doesn't matter which lessons you complete. They are all the same in format and teaching. So just get through as many as you can, knowing that you will use the extra ones as review in years to come. It looks like we complete the first ten lessons in our lesson plans.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
          X