X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jen1134
    replied
    Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
    And of course it will vary a bit based on who is reading it (the transcript) and the state you are in and what colleges are on the radar. I just noticed today a pretty glaring difference in TN graduation requirements and South Carolina. Are you registered with an umbrella organization, or do you all fly solo up there?
    Indiana says 180 days and everything else is left up to us. The colleges he's looking at are also very homeschool-friendly so they don't say things like "this course has to include xyz components." It's both helpful and not, lol!

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    And of course it will vary a bit based on who is reading it (the transcript) and the state you are in and what colleges are on the radar. I just noticed today a pretty glaring difference in TN graduation requirements and South Carolina. Are you registered with an umbrella organization, or do you all fly solo up there?

Leave a comment:

• jen1134
    replied
    Thank you ladies! This gives me some good options.

Leave a comment:

• momgineer
    replied
    We’ve done things a bit differently. I give a history credit and English credit for modern and lit/comp and then I give a separate credit for classical. I combined Homer and Virgil (doing the Mills books first in 8th) and called that Classical Studies 1: The Epics. Currently she is taking Classical Studies 2: the Greek Tragedies. Next year will be Classical Studies 3: Dante.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    I'm combining Lit with Classical Comp each year to be 1 credit of "English Literature & Composition 9/10/11/12 Honors." The titles are on the portfolio/book list.

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    You could just write Divine Comedy. In the description indicate that the entire work was read.

Leave a comment:

• jen1134
    replied
    I should clarify that my second oldest is headed for a small liberal arts school and if my oldest decides to go to college, he said he would go to the same type of school. Hence my wanting to put more than English 1, 2, 3 on their transcripts.

Leave a comment:

• jen1134
    started a topic Quick question on Dante for transcripts

Quick question on Dante for transcripts

I would like to set up our transcripts so that the course titles indicate the type of literature studied each year (I'm also including a reading list). I know Dante can be classified as either a literature or history credit, but how would you title it? I already have a Medieval Literature course using the old version of MP9 Lit.
Working...
X