Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

high school credit for Renaissance and Reformation Times/A History of Medieval Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high school credit for Renaissance and Reformation Times/A History of Medieval Europe

I am looking at some of the new items up for pre-order and the new high school plan and have questions about high school credit. Are these two new items, Renaissance and Reformation Times and A History of Medieval Europe, full year/full high school credits?

I am planning ahead and trying to keep a balanced workload.

Thanks!
    Julie
    Julie S.
    4th year using MP, but 18th year homeschooling (2019-2020)
    DD 24- married , DS 22 - community college, DD 21- married, DS 19- community college,
    DD 17 - 12th grade -MPOA and a mix of MP materials,
    DD 16 - 11th grade a mix of MP materials,
    DS 14 - 9M/8M core,
    DD 11 - 6M core,
    DS 9 - 3M/4M core + finishing up 2nd grade literature + AAS while working through a reading disability (possibly dyslexia)
    DD 7 - 2nd grade core

Also, is there a sample available for A History of Medieval Europe? There's not one up on the website yet. Any idea on its ETA?

Thanks!
    Lauren
    Mama to 5 Sweet Ones

2019-2020:
    9th grade DS: At a University-Model School this year plus Henle I at home
    7th grade DD: Mostly 7M Core and MPOA SFL
    5th grade DD: 5M
    3rd Grade DD: The one that doesn't fit nicely in a core ;) R&S 3rd Grade Math and Grammar, TS II, Prima, some MP2&3 Lit, CSII, Mammals
    2 yo DS Pudding Pie

Comment

I'm curious about the changes to history. Why did HLS decide to make the switch to a one year pace for US & Euro? Should the one year pace of modern studies plus classical studies be doable for most students?
      DD 10th
      DS 7th
      DD 6th

Comment

Stonefield yes, each of these courses could be counted as a high school credit for a full year.

MamaHill I spoke with our editing team and they let me know that they anticipate it being 10 business days or more before A History of Medieval Europe is ready for a sample to be made.

Comment

Hello.

We have been teaching these courses as one-year courses at HLS for several years now because we struggle to get everything in. When we decided to add Medieval Europe as a course, it really pushed us time-wise. With our new study guides, we do have lots more options now for modern studies: Renaissance & Reformation (definitely the easiest of these courses and one year is plenty of time), Medieval Europe (can easily be completed in one year), European history (which can really be a one-year or two-year course since it is so dense and the study guide is thorough), and American history (which I'm hoping to get rewritten this summer). So you can choose between them if you don't want to do the HLS plan, and that will be fine. I'm planning to lesson plan Europe as a one-year course and a two-year course for those who don't want to crush all that history into one year. We are working on giving more options for high school so that you can be flexible and make a plan that works best for your family. So bear with us as we continue to develop curriculum!

At HLS, we have classical/Christian studies 3 days a week, and each class is 70 mins. long. American/Modern also has 3 70 min. classes each week. That gives you an idea of how much time our high school students are spending on history. And we don't do Renaissance & Reformation, so that's one we can't work in. You can't do it all!

Tanya

Comment

Allie Thank you for getting back to me! I'll keep my eye out.
            Mama to 5 Sweet Ones

2019-2020:
            9th grade DS: At a University-Model School this year plus Henle I at home
            7th grade DD: Mostly 7M Core and MPOA SFL
            5th grade DD: 5M
            3rd Grade DD: The one that doesn't fit nicely in a core ;) R&S 3rd Grade Math and Grammar, TS II, Prima, some MP2&3 Lit, CSII, Mammals
            2 yo DS Pudding Pie

Comment

Working...
            X