Henle I old editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henle I old editions

My 14yo daughter and I are both relatively new to Latin. We've completed Latina Christiana I, but wanted to move on to something meatier, so we didn't buy Latina Christiana II.

We had both Wheelock's and a 1958 edition of Henle I in our home, so we tried those. Wheelock's was just a bit much at once for my daughter. Henle I seems about right, but we can see after the first couple of lessons that we'll need the answer key and the grammar. For one thing, I can't figure out why the dative sometimes comes before the accusative, and sometimes after. Perhaps it can be either, but I don't want to learn something wrong.

So my question is, does anyone know whether the new answer key and grammar correspond with the old editions? From everything I can tell, the old editions are identical to the new ones, but I just wanted to make sure before I ordered them.

Thanks!
    Laura

Henle I or First Form

Laura,

I will check the 1958 Henle against our guides on Mon. and let you know. But I am thinking that you would be a good candidate for our First Form Latin beta program. We are offering it to families for a reduced price of $39 and we are asking in return that you give us your opinion of the program. You are a good candidate because it is a great grammar bridge between LCI and Henle. You and your daughter could do First Form over the next few months and then go back to Henle. FF is very grammar intensive and would solidify your grammar before moving into the Henle. I would love to have you join our group and get your opinion since you have delved into the Henle and have an idea of what it is like to go from LCI straight to Henle.

I would send you the link so that you could look at First Form, but I can't figure out how to do it on here. If you will send me your email address, I can send the link through an email. My address is tanya@memoriapress.com. I'm sorry for the complication, but computers aren't my forte...

Thanks for considering and using our products!

Comment

Henle and the keys

Laura,

The Henle Text has been a standard for decades and was originally printed in the 50's I don't think it's changed much. I agree with Tanya, I think the First Form Program would fit you well, it's faster than the Latina program but not quite as dense as Henle... In any case I think you'll have no trouble using the keys and guides.

Glen
      thanks!
      Glen Moore
      [url]www.[B]M[/url][/B]emoria[B]P[/B]ress.com/course

Comment

Thanks! I'll e-mail you Tanya, and look it over.

Thanks, Glen for letting me know. At the very least, we'll understand more of Henle with the grammar and answer key.

Comment

Working...
        X