Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latin Plan after AP (and a question about the Virgil year)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Beorn View Post
    I do not use the search forums feature here, as it is not as strong as Google's. With the last software upgrade to the forum, the search functions got weaker, at least in my limited finite opinion. Not an admin, just a user, so I don't know all the ins and outside of how it is set up here.

To do a search and if you have confidence in what phrase you are searching for, head over to Google and type the following:

site:forum.memoriapress.com +"latin after AP"

if you are NOT confident in the phrase, remove the +"" and just make it the following:

site:forum.memoriapress.com latin after AP

Hope that helps some.
    Thank you, Beorn! I've actually never tried using Google to search our forum, but that's an excellent suggestion. Our forum search feature can be very accurate, but it is not nearly as intuitive or user-friendly as Google. You have empowered the people, Beorn, and I will gratefully hang up my 'Forum Search Expert' hat. If anyone deserves it now, it's you!

Leave a comment:

• Mary
    replied
    Michael - you are the best! Thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Mary View Post
    For some strange reason, I am unable to edit my post. I misspoke - AP Latin is considered "Latin V" and continued Latin beyond that is "Latin VI" through the CLRC.
    Fixed for you!

Leave a comment:

• Mary
    replied
    For some strange reason, I am unable to edit my post. I misspoke - AP Latin is considered "Latin V" and continued Latin beyond that is "Latin VI" through the CLRC.

Leave a comment:

• Mary
    replied
    Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
    I knew there was one additional choice I had found recently....
    https://www.clrconline.com/high-school-latin-vi/
    Dorinda,

I can personally vouch for the CLRC program. I started my oldest in the children's Latin program 10 years ago, before I found MP. The Latin/Greek director is a personal friend and an excellent teacher. Nota bene: she uses Classical Pronunciation and not Ecclesiastical, so when reading aloud, a student accustomed to Ecclesiastical may have a bit of an adjustment period.

DD14 has been in CLRC HS Latin IV for the past 2 years. She is currently in her 3rd year (the works rotate each year - Cicero, Vergil, Caesar, et al - and, if a student has the time, it is great to take the translation class more than once).
    Our plan is for her to take AP Latin next year, then Latin VI (college level) readings her junior and senior years. She is concurrently enrolled in the CLRC Ancient Greek class and really likes it. HTH.
    Last edited by Michael; 09-13-2019, 11:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    I knew there was one additional choice I had found recently....
    https://www.clrconline.com/high-school-latin-vi/

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    I do not use the search forums feature here, as it is not as strong as Google's. With the last software upgrade to the forum, the search functions got weaker, at least in my limited finite opinion. Not an admin, just a user, so I don't know all the ins and outside of how it is set up here.

To do a search and if you have confidence in what phrase you are searching for, head over to Google and type the following:

site:forum.memoriapress.com +"latin after AP"

if you are NOT confident in the phrase, remove the +"" and just make it the following:

site:forum.memoriapress.com latin after AP

Hope that helps some.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Originally posted by Beorn View Post
    Glad I could be of help in some small way. I've learned so much and been blessed here at this forum (and HLS, HLN, Sodalitas, etc.), I just want to help where I can. #GooglePower
    So do tell--do you Google Forum threads in a separate web search or do you use the search function here? Coach me!

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    Glad I could be of help in some small way. I've learned so much and been blessed here at this forum (and HLS, HLN, Sodalitas, etc.), I just want to help where I can. #GooglePower

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Beorn Thanks! Apparently your search skills far exceed mine! Mom2mthj I'll be following that other post with you. I would love anything Mrs. Cutrer is willing to do, should that ever be a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    Thanks for digging up the links!

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    pickandgrin, or this one?

https://forum.memoriapress.com/forum...after-ap-latin

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    pickandgrin, is this what you were looking for?

https://forum.memoriapress.com/forum...after-ap-latin

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    I think you could do the Virgil resource from AP Latin (I think the website Tanya linked offers a teacher’s manual) or you could use Henle 4. I know Kolbe used to have lesson plans for that....not sure if they still do. I know way back I posted some of the Latin recommendations from LCC. I could dig that up later. I think I might look at Lukeion again, they have self paced options for post AP or I may try to investigate any dual enrollment around here. That seems like the least likely option.

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Jessica,

You might want to look at Bolchazy-Carducci's site. We have used these Legamus readers before (for Ovid, not Vergil), and they aren't too challenging. And I see they have a Vergil for Beginners course, but I don't know anything about it. I can't seem to link more than one thing here, but if you go to bolchazy.com and type Aeneid in the search bar, lots of books come up, and it is on the 2nd page.

Tanya
    Vergil: A LEGAMUS Trans Reader,,Vergil: A LEGAMUS Transitional Reader,978-0-86516-578-6,Latin,At Press,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X