IP Lessons Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Lessons Plans

Does anyone have their own Introductory Physics lesson plans or schedule they would like to share? I find the one on the resource CD very difficult to use.
    DS, 13, 8th grade
    DS, 10, 5th grade

Hello.

I have some Intro Physics lesson plans from Cindy Davis that we haven't formatted or edited yet. But I'm glad to share them with you as they exist now. Just send an email to tanya@memoriapress.com, and I will send them to you!

Tanya

Comment

I just winged it using the cd schedule as a guide. I looked at how many days they spent per chapter and divided it up as I felt was best. I also noticed their plan didn’t take a full year so I gave extra time for when needed.
      Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
      DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
      DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
      DS, 21, chemistry major
      DS, 18, Physics major
      DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
      DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
      DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
        Hello.

I have some Intro Physics lesson plans from Cindy Davis that we haven't formatted or edited yet. But I'm glad to share them with you as they exist now. Just send an email to tanya@memoriapress.com, and I will send them to you!

Tanya
        I just sent you an email. Thank you!
        DS, 13, 8th grade
        DS, 10, 5th grade

Comment

Originally posted by momgineer View Post
          I just winged it using the cd schedule as a guide. I looked at how many days they spent per chapter and divided it up as I felt was best. I also noticed their plan didn’t take a full year so I gave extra time for when needed.
          I've been winging it for two weeks, but now I'm getting frustrated trying to figure out which questions to assign to what part of the chapter readings. I feel like the blind leading the blind!
          DS, 13, 8th grade
          DS, 10, 5th grade

Comment

I get it! At the start of each chapter, I looked it over, along with the cd plans, and tried to figure out when to assign what. The questions are divided up by topic usually so that helps. The math problems were much easier to assign than the other questions. Sometimes I assigned math problems right after the section where it taught how to do them but saved the non math questions till the whole chapter was read.
            I loved the MP plans for physical science. Hope they make more. The plans Cindy sent me weren’t helpful because it was set up much differently than we did things. I used the cd plans more than Cindy’s plans as my guide. But i really missed my pretty MP lesson plans! It was worth the struggle to get to use this awesome curriculum but it will be even better when Mp gets good plans written!!!
            Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
            DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
            DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
            DS, 21, chemistry major
            DS, 18, Physics major
            DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
            DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
            DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

Originally posted by momgineer View Post
              I get it! At the start of each chapter, I looked it over, along with the cd plans, and tried to figure out when to assign what. The questions are divided up by topic usually so that helps. The math problems were much easier to assign than the other questions. Sometimes I assigned math problems right after the section where it taught how to do them but saved the non math questions till the whole chapter was read.
              I loved the MP plans for physical science. Hope they make more. The plans Cindy sent me weren’t helpful because it was set up much differently than we did things. I used the cd plans more than Cindy’s plans as my guide. But i really missed my pretty MP lesson plans! It was worth the struggle to get to use this awesome curriculum but it will be even better when Mp gets good plans written!!!
              Yes, yes! MP lesson plans for this would be super helpful. Plus, I am not a math or science person, so I truly am the blind leading the blind and really need a guide.
              DS, 13, 8th grade
              DS, 10, 5th grade

Comment

Working...
              X