IP Lab Handbook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Lab Handbook

For those doing Introductory Physics next year or who have already done it, will you be using the Student Lab Report Handbook or just doing the experiments? Are there any ready-made resources for writing the labs that don't require the student to write them from scratch? Can writing labs wait until 10th grade biology, which my son will be taking locally with an actual science teacher?
    DS, 13, 8th grade
    DS, 10, 5th grade

The Handbook is more of a guide to writing reports than a specific manual. We did ASPC with friends and had the kids write up four full-fledged reports. We did the same for Chemistry this year. My dd found a template on Google Docs that worked well for them. For the other labs we just had write ups in their lab notebook. We are doing dual-credit biology this year, and I think she's ready for full reports.
    Bean. Long time MP user.

DD- 9th grade aerospace enthusiast. Using a mix of dual credit, online and classical materials for 2019-2020.

Comment

Originally posted by bean View Post
      The Handbook is more of a guide to writing reports than a specific manual. We did ASPC with friends and had the kids write up four full-fledged reports. We did the same for Chemistry this year. My dd found a template on Google Docs that worked well for them. For the other labs we just had write ups in their lab notebook. We are doing dual-credit biology this year, and I think she's ready for full reports.
      Thanks. I think I'll just find a general lab report book and not worry about the handbook.
      DS, 13, 8th grade
      DS, 10, 5th grade

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarbelle View Post

Thanks. I think I'll just find a general lab report book and not worry about the handbook.
        It's a good book for that purpose. So if you decide to buy something, look at it for general lab report writing, but don't buy it if you already have something on hand.
        Bean. Long time MP user.

DD- 9th grade aerospace enthusiast. Using a mix of dual credit, online and classical materials for 2019-2020.

Comment

Working...
        X