Aesop's Fables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aesop's Fables

Hi. I'm looking for a nice edition of Aesop's Fables for a birthday gift for my daughter. She is currently translating the fables from Latin to English through a book from Bolchazy. She is doing this strictly for fun this summer before she heads off to college. I thought it might be nice for her to have a copy of them in English. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

We have Aesop's Fables with pictures by Milo Winter. I think it's well done. There are many beautifully illustrated editions. You could probably find a really nice used one.
    DS14, MPOA HS Comp II, mix of MP resources with substitutions, 2019-2020

"[May] the peace of God, which passes all understanding, ... keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Comment

We have several different editions, but my favorite is the B&N Leatherbound classic version.
      Margaret of Georgia, in west TN – Enginerd’s wife and Mama

2019-2020 · 8th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
      Trekking along at a student self-pace...
      DD Summer 2009 · 5th
      DD Summer 2011 · SC4
      DS Summer 2014 · JrK/K
      DD Summer 2017 · Pre
      DS …EDD 11/2019

Memoria Scholé Academy
      Blog: Creative Madness Mama
      CherryBlossomMJ

Comment

We have the Milo Winter's edition, too, and it's lovely. There are so many options, I think it all depends how many fables you want included, and the style of illustrations your daughter prefers: using the look-inside feature on Amazon might help you decide. Maybe this website will be of help too: https://fablesofaesop.com/ I didn't know Chesterton wrote an introduction to one collection - sounds like a must-read!

Comment

Thanks. These are good suggestions.

Comment

We own a few different versions, but the one my daughter cuddled up and read until she was done in her free reading time iwas Living Books Press Aesop's Fables with Scripture References . It also has an introduction by G.K. Chesterton.

Comment

Working...
            X