Colleges and Universities We Need to Know About

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
    What a cool story. The cookies look amazing!
    I know! I feel like they probably require a fork.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
    D · 8th
    D · 5th
    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
      OH! Mom2mthj I didn't want to get caught in edit-limbo so I'm posting this separately: the target tuition, room, board is $16,000/yr!!!
      I've discovered that if leave the page after you post and then return and open your post for an edit, you don't get caught in limbo.
      Last edited by bean; 08-04-2019, 07:25 PM.
      Bean. Long time MP user.

DD- 9th grade aerospace enthusiast. Using a mix of dual credit, online and classical materials for 2019-2020.

Comment

Originally posted by bean View Post

I've discovered if leave the page after you post then return and open your post for an edit you don't get caught in limbo.
        Brilliant, Bean! Thanks for sharing.
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

@ Home, HLN, & MPOA
        S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
        D · 8th
        D · 5th
        S · 2nd

Comment

Bumping this up. Does anyone have anything to add or new to report? Any former MP kids out there loving their college choice?
          Festina lentē,
          Jessica P

@ Home, HLN, & MPOA
          S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
          D · 8th
          D · 5th
          S · 2nd

Comment

Not a former MP, but an HLS graduate (similar education) who is at St. Mary's (Notre Dame), studying biology. Excellent professors; excellent environment. Options to take classes at Notre Dame.
            St. Mary's is women-only.
            Another graduate at Colorado School of Mines, studying mechanical and environmental engineering. Great experience so far.
            Cindy Davis
            Science and Math teacher at Highlands Latin School - Indianapolis
            ds-25 college graduate: autodidact, working to pay the bills
            ds-23 college graduate: 1st year med school
            dd-21 college senior: Nursing

Comment

Love this, Cindy! Thank you.
              Festina lentē,
              Jessica P

@ Home, HLN, & MPOA
              S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
              D · 8th
              D · 5th
              S · 2nd

Comment

I went to John Carroll University in OH (Catholic, liberal arts) and graduated with a BS in Psychology. JCU was a wonderful school, but I'm not certain if the school is still reliably Catholic. I was, however, shocked to discover at the end of my four years that *gasp* I would need to do something following graduation. Guess what? You can't do much of anything with a BS in Psychology! So I did the thing that you should tell all of your children NOT to do- because I didn't know what to do I decided to go to law school. I went to The University of Pittsburgh for law school- which is a great school. Particularly for anyone interested in the sciences or especially a career in medicine. Pro tip: don't go to law school unless you want to be a lawyer. Just because you're *interested* in law, doesn't mean you need a degree to... not work. Don't be like me.

My husband is from Turkey but went to Carnegie Mellon University for his Ph.D. CMU is an amazing school, outrageous tuition. Currently my husband is a member of the mechanical engineering faculty at Texas Tech University, so please send future engineers my way! In all seriousness, he would be happy to chat with anyone interested in pursuing engineering.

Comment

I can't recommend my alma mater. However, Our Lady Seat of Wisdom College in Ontario is worthy of consideration. The costs are quite low ( ~$13k CAD) compared to many schools. Our oldest considered it and enjoyed her visit there, but the college only offers a 3-year liberal arts degree and she wanted to study computer science. A number of schools accept their credits so you can transfer later and save a bit of money.
                  DS14, MPOA HS Comp II, mix of MP resources with substitutions, 2019-2020

"[May] the peace of God, which passes all understanding, ... keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Comment

Working...
                  X