• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henle Latin I Ex. 14

# 2 Mary sees the Son of God.
    My answer: Maria Filium Dei videt.
    Answer key: Maria Dei Filium videt.

My answer was based on what I learned in Ex 13. There are a few other sentences where there is a similar "flip" like this. Can someone explain why? Or can you just tell me, "It doesn't really matter?" (though my answer is easier for me to understand.......)

Thank you.
    Anna

It really doesn't matter. In Latin, word order is much looser than in English because the inflections (word endings) show the function of each word. There is a more or less standard array of sentence patterns, but when a word is pulled to the front of a phrase or clause, it is usually for emphasis. I'm honestly not sure why the answer key gives "Dei Filium" instead of "Filium Dei," but if I were grading this exercise for one of my students, I would not consider the answer you came up with incorrect at all.

Comment

Researches and interviews will be conducted on IPR related hot topics and key issues to raise public awareness and look for effective solutions zt1000. Priority areas will include non-service invention-creation, patent-to-technology transformation and the IPR protection pa3128u-1brs awareness of the younger generation.

Comment

Working...
      X