OT: Chesterton Classical Academy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Chesterton Classical Academy

Has anyone heard of Chesterton Classical Academy? I received an email today that they are starting a high school in the Detroit area in the fall of 2020. There was no location announced yet so it may not even be feasible, but it looked interesting. It sounds like they have locations in other parts of the country. Curious if they use any Memoria Press materials. I have a rising 8th grade boy that is driving me a bit crazy that I need to decide what is going to be best for high school. The plan is homeschooling and possibly enrolling with Kolbe for the accountability (at least what I would tell him), but I am curious to explore all options.
    Dorinda

DD 15 - 10th with MPOA(Biology, Novel, Material Logic/Rhetoric ), Lukeion (Greek3, Latin 3)
    DS 13 - 8A with MPOA(Third Form and composition)
    DS 10 - 5M
    DS 5 - K with AAR3

I think they're part of a school network started by Dale Ahlquist of the American Chesterton Society. The ACS site should have more details.
    Jennifer

2018-2019
    DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
    DS-12 (6M)
    DS-10 (SC3)
    DD-8 (MP2)
    DD-6 (SC2)
    DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Comment

Dorinda,
      It all depends on the people involved.

Yes, it’s a model, and yes there are many of them. But not everyone involved really knows what is truly at the heart of Classical education, nor how that translates to pedagogy. Like anything, there can be great incarnations of it, and there can be not so great ones. Do your homework, but hope for the best, too. Who knows? Might be awesome!

AMDG,
      Sarah
      2018-2019
      DD 18 - 12th || DS 15 - 10th || DD 13 - 8th || DD 11 - 6th || DD 9 - 4th
      DD 7 - 1st || DD 5 - mix of 1st & JrK || +DS, 2-21-16+ || DS 14 months

Comment

Working...
      X