Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Planners for Students

Hi Everyone,

I am working on teaching my oldest son some study and time management skills.

What type of system do you use for your students? How do you take those wonderful Memoria Press lesson plans for each subject and transfer them over to an actual "to do" list for your older child each day? How does your child plan for long term tests and outside deadlines? (For example, if they are enrolled in an MPOA course or outside class.) Do you use a paper or digital planner? If so, share details!

I would love to hear what system is working for you!
    Cathy aka The Attached Mama
    2018-2019
    DS 12, 6th Grade---MP 5M, IEW, Spelling Plus, AOPS Pre-Algebra, MathCounts, Kolbe Physical Science, Speech Team
    DD 10, 5th Grade---MP 4M, IEW, Latina Christiana (two-year pace), Spelling Plus, AOPS Pre-Algebra, MathCounts, Elemental Biology II, Speech Team
    DS 4 (almost 5)--MP Junior kindergarten, Myself and Others, "I See Sam" Readers, Singapore/Rightstart Math
    (Now we will watch as I start subtracting subjects off my signature. ha!)

We use the Order Out of Chaos Academic Planner (8.5 x 11). My 9th grader writes in his assignments himself, spacing them out from the plans or from teacher's assignments at CS or MPOA. My phone takes photos that are too large for the forum, but if you'll message me I can text you a sample from this week.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
    D · 8th
    D · 5th
    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
      We use the Order Out of Chaos Academic Planner (8.5 x 11). My 9th grader writes in his assignments himself, spacing them out from the plans or from teacher's assignments at CS or MPOA. My phone takes photos that are too large for the forum, but if you'll message me I can text you a sample from this week.
      Thanks so much!
      Cathy aka The Attached Mama
      2018-2019
      DS 12, 6th Grade---MP 5M, IEW, Spelling Plus, AOPS Pre-Algebra, MathCounts, Kolbe Physical Science, Speech Team
      DD 10, 5th Grade---MP 4M, IEW, Latina Christiana (two-year pace), Spelling Plus, AOPS Pre-Algebra, MathCounts, Elemental Biology II, Speech Team
      DS 4 (almost 5)--MP Junior kindergarten, Myself and Others, "I See Sam" Readers, Singapore/Rightstart Math
      (Now we will watch as I start subtracting subjects off my signature. ha!)

Comment

Boys and time management skills are something to behold. We work on that regularly around here.

For MPOA I usually copy and paste the syllabus and re-format it into a bullet style weekly checklist for him to keep up with what he needs to do. The nice thing is that it is listed as, "day 1, day 2, etc.," as opposed to Monday, Tuesday, etc. I print this out as my own master sheet. For his own schedule (transferring the info) he might write or type in his own planner: "MPOA Math checklist," so he knows to check those assignments.

I still have to teach and guide and check in on him daily with his planning but the MPOA has actually helped him with time management because there are absolute deadlines as opposed to, "we'll just do it tomorrow." He has to look at all his extra activities and his school schedule and figure out how to make it happen (with a guided framework) because he knows he has to work around that. I haven't figured out what we will use next year yet.
        Last edited by makinmemories; 03-26-2019, 12:11 PM. Reason: broken links :(

Comment

Working...
        X