Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spiland View Post
    Hi Everyone,

We're looking into the issue with Froguts . . . I'm a Mac user as well! Just letting you know we're on it.

Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy
    Mr. Piland, have you had a chance to look into the Froguts/Mac issue yet? I went ahead and signed my rising sophomore up for bio online, but am wondering how he’d handle the virtual lab part if Froguts is the only option. (My oldest is completing virtual labs with Labster, if that looks like a possibility - we paid for it through Kolbe, so I don’t know if individuals can sign up/pay for the program or not, or if it addresses the same topics MPOA does, but I thought I’d throw it out there.)
    Brit

Catholic mom to five
    2019-2020:
    Ds '01 - College freshman: Thomas Aquinas College
    Ds '03 - 10th grade: MPOA Algebra 2, and a bunch of other stuff
    Ds '06 - 8th: MP Tiner science (chemistry, physics, and astronomy), 8M lit, 8M Exploring Planet Earth, ancient history, OLVS 8 Catechism
    Dd '10 (Down syndrome) - JrK with little brother and BOB books
    Ds '15 - JrK with big sister

Comment

Originally posted by MyLittleWonders View Post

Mr. Piland, have you had a chance to look into the Froguts/Mac issue yet? I went ahead and signed my rising sophomore up for bio online, but am wondering how he’d handle the virtual lab part if Froguts is the only option. (My oldest is completing virtual labs with Labster, if that looks like a possibility - we paid for it through Kolbe, so I don’t know if individuals can sign up/pay for the program or not, or if it addresses the same topics MPOA does, but I thought I’d throw it out there.)
      Good afternoon Brit,

I spoke with Mr. Piland, and he is still researching different options. He's also wants to consult with the MPOA Biology teacher, but he may need to wait until the academic year (specifically, finals) are over. He hopes to have an answer by early June.
      Michael
      Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Good afternoon Brit,

I spoke with Mr. Piland, and he is still researching different options. He's also wants to consult with the MPOA Biology teacher, but he may need to wait until the academic year (specifically, finals) are over. He hopes to have an answer by early June.
        Thank you, Michael, for updating.
        Brit

Catholic mom to five
        2019-2020:
        Ds '01 - College freshman: Thomas Aquinas College
        Ds '03 - 10th grade: MPOA Algebra 2, and a bunch of other stuff
        Ds '06 - 8th: MP Tiner science (chemistry, physics, and astronomy), 8M lit, 8M Exploring Planet Earth, ancient history, OLVS 8 Catechism
        Dd '10 (Down syndrome) - JrK with little brother and BOB books
        Ds '15 - JrK with big sister

Comment

Does anyone have a good link to Novare biology table of contents or sample pages? I appreciate the Modern Biology links in this thread. Trying to piece together a lab schedule using Experiences in Biology and choosing which book to use at the same time. I was only able to find a list of Novare labs and am puzzled that I don’t see any dissections or field work.
          Homeschool mom, MP since 2011
          DS, 13, MP 8th grade
          DS, 11, MP 6th grade

Comment

Novare used to have TOC and samples on their website. No idea if CAP who bought them out has them. Let me go looking....
            Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
            DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
            DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
            DS, 21, chemistry major
            DS, 18, Physics major
            DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
            DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
            DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

I’m all kinds of disappointed! The Novare website used to have extensive samples and the ability to purchase the beta version. Since Classical Acedemic Press bought them out it seems CAP no longer has a text sample or the ability to purchase the beta version. Sadness. CAP does have samples of the other Novare texts. I presume they will but the biology samples back up when they release the full (not beta) version. But that doesn’t help you in the meantime 😢.
              Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
              DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
              DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
              DS, 21, chemistry major
              DS, 18, Physics major
              DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
              DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
              DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

I just spoke with someone at CAP finally and she is rounding up hopefully something for me this morning. I will post whatever I come up with.
                DS, 13, MP 8th grade
                DS, 11, MP 6th grade

Comment

Successful acquisition of Novare Biology Draft Table of Contents.... looks good... printing and wading through.
                  Attached Files
                  DS, 13, MP 8th grade
                  DS, 11, MP 6th grade

Comment

I was on the phone with CAP today too, and they are working hard on getting the samples and TOC on their website. She said these things didn't import from the Novare site when they made the switch, so they are working on correcting that. She will let me know when she has a firm date that they will be back up.

Tanya

Comment

CAP just told me their samples are up on the website now, so you can access Novare samples!

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                      X