Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickandgrin
    replied
    You can sign up to receive Novare General Biology updates at the link below.
    We are already using Novare for Earth, Physical, Introductory Physics, and Chemistry (adding next fall) at our cottage school and are hopeful to add this beta version next year. We are tremendous fans of the mastery/kingdom/integration focus. If you want to connect with other Novare teachers and parents, they have a Facebook group. Search " Novare Science & Math - Crushing the Cram Pass Forget Cycle." Not everyone is coming from a classical philosophy, but everyone is using the texts in homes or schools. I hope this is helpful!
    Thank you for your interest in this forthcoming book! Production of the book is underway and making good progress. We are working as quickly as we can, but it will probably not be complete in time for the coming school year. The official target school year for this book in final, hardback form will be Fall 2020. However, because of the overwhelming interest already expressed, we are anticipating the publication of a "beta" version of the book for Fall 2019. Those who desire to participate in our beta program will receive the softcover beta version in time for the Fall 2019 semester, plus the final hardback version when it becomes available later in the year. It is impossible to predict the form of the beta version, but we are hopeful that it will contain at least the first 10 chapters with color graphics, exercises, etc. It will probably not include final edits, index, glossary etc. The beta version will be available in softcover only and sold at minimal cost. It will only be sold in conjunction with the hardback as part of our Beta program. If you are interested in receiving information about the Beta Program for General Biology, please sign up below.

Leave a comment:

• TheAttachedMama
    replied
    I am in the exact same boat and comparing the exact same books and resources....except I have the MacCaw Prentice Hall ibook. I did not know that Novare will have a beta biology though! That is exciting. I think I want to read it just to see how they approach the topic. Where did you hear about this news? I can't seem to find it online.

Leave a comment:

• momgineer
    started a topic Biology

Biology

Can you update on all the products MP has for Holt biology? I see the text and video lessons and a non related workbook. Are there or will there soon be lesson plans or quizzes and tests and student guide?
    Novare will hopefully be releasing a beta of their biology this fall but it will be very rough. I love how Intro Physics is working for us so I’m debating between using their beta biology or Holt with MP support or my old dragonfly Prentice Hall book from Kolbe. I need a straightforward mastery book for my dyslexic who needs direct instruction on what to memorize and doesn’t do well with tests (like Kolbe) that pull out random facts that were briefly mentioned once in the text and never again discussed. She needs a clear visual of what to study. She catches onto concepts fairly easily but gets overwhelmed with lots of new vocabulary. She can remember most concepts but can’t remember what they are called.
    If you have used Holt or Prentice Hall can you give me a pros/cons? Thanks.
Working...
X