No announcement yet.

Biology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whew! Two days straight plus a total of three hours in the car to/from Illinois each day — during rush hour both ways. I really hope MP has labs!
    Jennifer

2018-2019
    DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
    DS-12 (6M)
    DS-10 (SC3)
    DD-8 (MP2)
    DD-6 (SC2)
    DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Comment

I agree the samples look awesome. I particularly like the estimated time for the video sections to watch.
      Dorinda

DD 15 - 10th with MPOA(Biology, Novel, Material Logic/Rhetoric ), Lukeion (Greek3, Latin 3)
      DS 13 - 8A with MPOA(Third Form and composition)
      DS 10 - 5M
      DS 5 - K with AAR3

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
        Whew! Two days straight plus a total of three hours in the car to/from Illinois each day — during rush hour both ways. I really hope MP has labs!
        The locations do move around and he does seem open to scheduling new locations. The one my daughter attended was at a Christian camp near Hillsdale in September and families could pay to stay in the camp housing and use the facilities. We drove about 21/2 hours and did bio and chem back to back - but the drive was much less stressful than driving in Chicago traffic. She did it with a friend and we took turns driving. For me, it was worth it not to have to dissect stuff in my kitchen. I did my frog in 7th grade and said never again.
        Dorinda

DD 15 - 10th with MPOA(Biology, Novel, Material Logic/Rhetoric ), Lukeion (Greek3, Latin 3)
        DS 13 - 8A with MPOA(Third Form and composition)
        DS 10 - 5M
        DS 5 - K with AAR3

Comment

Hello.

We were going to link the MPOA labs website here, but it looks like it is out of business. Scott Piland is on vacation, but we will check with him next week about what he is going to do about labs in his online classes, and maybe we can find an option that works for everyone. This course that we have developed came out of the HLS classrooms, and the teacher has a lab and can do whatever she wants. But that doesn't help you! We'll be in touch as we look for a solution.

Tanya

Comment

Even if you could find a list of ‘bare minimum to say you’ve done it’ lab list would be helpful. I ‘love’ the dissections and the challenges they bring..still remember cutting open that worm while trying not to nick the intestine!! Good stuff...can’t wait but don’t want to go overboard too. But everyone should be able to close their eyes and remember the smell of that specimen preservative...it is a right of passage...a little bit of being an American....
            Regards,
            Hollie

2018-19:
            4 family co-op using MP materials
            DD & DS - 9th: MPOA: TFL, Algebra I, Ref/Con; Novare Intro to Physics, 9th Lit, Light to the Nations I
            DS - 6th
            DD - 6th with a backtrack to SC3 phonics/spelling/reading
            DD - 5A, 5th Lit.
            DD - 2nd
            DS - 3yrs - pre-school when he will sit still
            Using MP complete since 2016-17; bits and pieces for many years previous

Comment

Good afternoon everyone,

Mr. Piland is going to continue to use Froguts, which is now available for free, for labs. He said to use the following link: http://www.froguts.com/

HTH!
              Michael
              Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
              X