X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
    Whew! Two days straight plus a total of three hours in the car to/from Illinois each day — during rush hour both ways. I really hope MP has labs!
    The locations do move around and he does seem open to scheduling new locations. The one my daughter attended was at a Christian camp near Hillsdale in September and families could pay to stay in the camp housing and use the facilities. We drove about 21/2 hours and did bio and chem back to back - but the drive was much less stressful than driving in Chicago traffic. She did it with a friend and we took turns driving. For me, it was worth it not to have to dissect stuff in my kitchen. I did my frog in 7th grade and said never again.

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    I agree the samples look awesome. I particularly like the estimated time for the video sections to watch.

Leave a comment:

• jen1134
    replied
    Whew! Two days straight plus a total of three hours in the car to/from Illinois each day — during rush hour both ways. I really hope MP has labs!

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    My daughter is taking biology with MPOA. They do some online labs, but you might want to consider these 2 day lab intensives. I don’t know anything about their online classes, but it was nice to have two days of labs where someone else led the dissections.

https://www.collegeprepscience.com/two-day-labs

Leave a comment:

• TheAttachedMama
    replied
    Wow! The samples are amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Hahcook
    replied
    These samples do look great. Thank you!
    Is there any sort of a suggested lab component...suggestions as to which ones would be a base to start from? That was my favorite part of Bio and am looking forward to sharing it with my kids too!

Leave a comment:

• jen1134
    replied
    Originally posted by tanya View Post
    I am going to try to post a sample here.
    These look AMAZING!!! I'm feeling much more confident about teaching this course now.

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    I am going to try to post a sample here. We'll see how that goes. I may have to go to the technology forum and get some help.

Tanya
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TheAttachedMama
    replied
    Originally posted by tanya View Post
    In the meantime, as we wait for Novare, our Holt final study guides are at the printer now, so they will soon be here in finished format. And we have thorough lesson plans now as well, so for those of you (HLN people) who struggled through a beta version last year, things will be much better next year!

Tanya
    This is great news! When do you think a preview will be available?

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    In the meantime, as we wait for Novare, our Holt final study guides are at the printer now, so they will soon be here in finished format. And we have thorough lesson plans now as well, so for those of you (HLN people) who struggled through a beta version last year, things will be much better next year!

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Cathy, I got the email but haven't yet taken time to skim the sections they released. It's going to be a toss up based on how much they can get out before fall. If it's not thorough enough we'll stick with Holt for one more year and wait on Novare's final published version the following year. I wish my rising tenth grader was a rising ninth grader! Haha!

Leave a comment:

• TheAttachedMama
    replied
    Did anyone see the samples of Novare's biology textbook? Any thoughts so far?

For those that are planning Biology next year, what do you think you might do?

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    replied
    No worries! Thanks for the update!

AMDG,
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
    TDo you think you guys will put together plans/guides to direct us how to do A/P at home?
    Unfortunately, we don't have any plans at this time for an A/P course.

Apologies for the delayed response!

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Sarah, hilarious! (Thanks for adding that though.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X