Classical Studies 1 and 2 credits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classical Studies 1 and 2 credits

How do you list these classes on a high school transcript? Do you place them under literature, history, or both? Thank you.
    Christina

9th grader MPOA/state virtual school, 6th in private school, 4th hodgepodge homeschool (only girl), and a 4 year old pediatric cancer patient.

Originally posted by happyhappyjoyjoy View Post
    How do you list these classes on a high school transcript? Do you place them under literature, history, or both? Thank you.
    Good morning Christina,

Are you asking about the MPOA classes or just in general on a home-school transcript? If the latter, some families make classical studies its own subject. Others classify it as literature or history depending on what the student studied. For example, the complete Greek tragedies program would be a literature credit, while Book of the Ancient Romans/The Aeneid would probably be 1/2 a credit of history and 1/2 a credit of literature.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you Michael. I was curious what other moms have done. He will probably take these with MPOA, but I"m not sure yet. I think I would do the 1/2 credit history and lite for both 1 and 2, which would give him 1 credit in Ancient History and 1 credit in Ancient Literature for the two classes. As I'm thinking this through he will have a very literature heavy transcript if he also takes a lit class each year as well. So I'm curious what others have done. I appreciate your feedback.
      Christina

9th grader MPOA/state virtual school, 6th in private school, 4th hodgepodge homeschool (only girl), and a 4 year old pediatric cancer patient.

Comment

Working...
      X