Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhetoric - Thank you to Martin Cothran

Mr. Cothran,

I just wanted to say thank you for writing the Traditional Logic and Classical Rhetoric materials. I am not sure I'd have been able to teach those subjects without such wonderful materials.

My 15 year-old daughter used both Traditional Logic I and II and then Classical Rhetoric with Aristole. This semester she is taking a Western Civ I course at a local community college. Today they had a pretend legal proceeding where they "retried" Socrates. My daughter played the part of a "defendant." At the end of the class her teacher turned to her in front of the class and said, "Well, we certainly know who read and knows the material well and seems to have taken a rhetoric course!"

Her teacher was very impressed with her rhetoric skills and assumed she had taken a college level rhetoric course, as she assumed my daughter was a college sophomore. She was very surprised to learn that she was 15 and had taken rhetoric at home.

My two oldest daughters have been through your materials and greatly benefitted from them. I am about to start using Tradional Logic I with my youngest (13), we are excited that DVDs are now available!

Thank you again!
    Kimberly Shaw
    Last edited by blowe; 02-08-2005, 06:13 PM.

Thank you for your kind words Kimberly.

Thank you for your praise. Success like that is the reason we work so hard on our books. I have passed your comments on to Martin and posted them on the Classical Rhetoric page. I think an endorsement like that is all any book can wish to achieve.
    Brian Lowe
    www.MemoriaPress.com

Comment

Working...
    X