Another high school credit question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another high school credit question

My daughter is going into her senior year. She has, over the years, completed LC, all the Forms, and has completed Henle II. In our state, in order to receive the equivalent of an "advanced" high school diploma, students must complete three years of high school language.

Our family schools year-round, and we don't pay much attention to grade levels - rather, we teach to their ability/maturity level. Because of this, she did some high school work in her middle school years, and has been earning some college credits during her high school years.

Now that she has completed Henle II, and is woefully staring at the Henle III in front of her, I am wondering I really need to make her "do" Henle III. Has what she's done so far counted enough for three years of high school language? I want to make sure I'm assigning credits ethically, but also not requiring more of her than I should.

Opinions? (She is not anticipating continuing Latin in college.)

Re: Another high school credit question

Originally posted by kmwilson98 View Post
    My daughter is going into her senior year. She has, over the years, completed LC, all the Forms, and has completed Henle II. In our state, in order to receive the equivalent of an "advanced" high school diploma, students must complete three years of high school language.

Our family schools year-round, and we don't pay much attention to grade levels - rather, we teach to their ability/maturity level. Because of this, she did some high school work in her middle school years, and has been earning some college credits during her high school years.

Now that she has completed Henle II, and is woefully staring at the Henle III in front of her, I am wondering I really need to make her "do" Henle III. Has what she's done so far counted enough for three years of high school language? I want to make sure I'm assigning credits ethically, but also not requiring more of her than I should.

Opinions? (She is not anticipating continuing Latin in college.)
    Hello,

Third Form, Fourth Form, and Henle II should be accepted as one credit each. Assuming they were taken in high-school (or perhaps eighth grade depending on your state's laws), you should have the three credits.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
    X