What chapters does MP cover in Algebra 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What chapters does MP cover in Algebra 1

We're looking at the Algebra 2 for fall. I have the Algebra 1 book, which we used as our secondary text. To make sure our sequence lines up, I wanted to confirm MP teaches all of the chapters in the Algebra 1 book. Thanks!
    Last edited by bean; 06-28-2018, 11:55 AM.
    Bean

DD- 9M with subs

Re: What chapters does MP cover in Algebra 1

Maybe this will help: my lesson plans for Algebra I go through chapter 13 (though they move 13 between 11 and 12, so that 12 is the last sequentially but 13 seems to be furthest in the actual book). HTH!
    Ana, mama to
    ds A, 7A
    ds N, 3A

Comment

Originally posted by serendipitous journey View Post
      Maybe this will help: my lesson plans for Algebra I go through chapter 13 (though they move 13 between 11 and 12, so that 12 is the last sequentially but 13 seems to be furthest in the actual book). HTH!
      Correct, we cover chapters 1-13. Here's Cindy's explanation for moving 13 before 12:

Originally posted by Cindy Davis
      At the end of the year, students and families are often busy and sometimes distracted. The material in Chapter 13 (quadratic formula) is too important to skim over. So we moved it earlier to be sure it received the attention it deserves.
      Michael
      Memoria Press

Comment

Thanks! We might work through 12 and 13 before starting Algebra 2. I don't think Foerster covered some of 12, and I suspect a review of quadratic equations would be good. I'll probably see how much review there is at the beginning of Algebra 2, but I think some Algebra topics could always use another pass.
        Bean

DD- 9M with subs

Comment

Working...
        X