Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Grade Classical Curriculum

Default 1st Grade Classical Curriculum

I just received the email/newsletter introducing the Kindergarten curriculum set. Unfortunately, I already have all my materials for my son who is currently in Kindergarten. I am very excited about the 1st grade materials though. Do you have an estimated release date for the 1st grade curriculum? I have already begun the process of preparing the curriculum list for next year and the Story Time Treasures set is definitely on it already. I have two older boys also, but I am assuming their curriculum levels will come long after they have completed those grade levels. I have been homeschooling for 4 years, but this is our first year using the classical method. It has been the answer to our prayers. Memoria Press has made this transition easy and we look forward to purchasing materials for years to come.

We are currently using; Prima Latina, Copybook I, D'Aualires Greek Myths and Christian Studies I.
    [COLOR="Indigo"][I][SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Mother of four "Great Boys[/B][/COLOR]"[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"][B][I][U]Providing the kind of education I never had the opportunity to receive[U][/U]![/U][/I][/I][/B][/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR][COLOR="Red"][B]Grant - 12[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]
    [COLOR="Green"][B]William - 10[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR="Sienna"]
    [COLOR="Purple"][B]Robert - 7[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]David - 2[/B][/COLOR] [/COLOR]

I also would like to know what the plan is for future grades. I currently have one boy in grade2 and one in k.

Hello.

I'm glad you are enjoying our products. Our plan is to have 1st grade available by summer for use in the fall, so it sounds like we will be right on time for you. It will be formatted like the kindergarten curriculum, so you can see sample pages of that curriculum guide on our website.

I'm sorry we won't be ready for your older children, but I do have literature study guides for 2nd-7th grades ready if those would help you. We haven't published them officially yet, but I am selling in-house printed versions as people request them. They are generally 2 pages per chapter and include work in vocabulary, comprehension questions, and writing/mapping/discussion topics. I'll be glad to speak with you about those if you think they would help you.

I hesitate to say this because it may not happen, but I would love to have 2nd grade ready to go this summer also. Then, over the next year, we would concentrate on grammar school. In the meantime, we are working on middle/high school guides for history and literature, but those will be coming out sporadically.

We are working hard to get products out that will help, but it is a slow process because we really want them to be the best quality we can produce. So be patient, but keep checking back and we'll continue to help you as we can in the meantime.

Regards,

Tanya
    Last edited by tanya; 01-24-2010 at 06:48 PM.

I would love to see what you have for grade 3, for next year. I am very interested in grade 1 for next year also. My private e-mail is rchisholm@live.com if you could send me information on what you have for grade 3.
    Thanks

Tanya,

I too am eagerly awaiting the First Grade Curriculum. The Kindergarten looks fabulous, but sadly came out just a little too late for my current 5 year old. But, I am seriously considering the First Grade materials.

My question is, how easy do you think the transition to the First Grade materials will be for someone who hasn't gone through the Kindergarten program. Assuming the child can read, I imagine the readings won't be a problem. I am specifically thinking about switching math programs. Any thoughts on math or anything else.? Are any of the books from the kindergarten program continued in First Grade? Should I be using some of those now? I was thinking of getting a MP copy book, that sort of thing.

Thanks so much. My older children use tons of Memoria Press products and I am so excited about the introduction of the primary school program.
    Angelina in LA

Default 2nd - 7th grade literature guides

Hello Tanya!

I sincerely DO hope you can get the 2nd grade curriculum ready this summer -- I might just bring mymy children back home from school if I could get your plans...I am very glad to hear that you have some plans available for other grades too - it would be fairly easy to combine then with your Latin and classical studies guides, add a math curriculum and that's almost everything!

My little Latin group is enjoying LC I -- it is crazy, but we are still doing it!

Regards,

Selena in OH

TANYA said:

"... but I do have literature study guides for 2nd-7th grades ready if those would help you. We haven't published them officially yet, but I am selling in-house printed versions as people request them. They are generally 2 pages per chapter and include work in vocabulary, comprehension questions, and writing/mapping/discussion topics. I'll be glad to speak with you about those if you think they would help you."

Selena,

You are putting a lot of pressure on me! I'm working hard to have 2nd grade ready. But you are right - I already have enough ready that we could easily piece it together if it isn't quite publishable yet. So, you rest easy, and I'll keep working!

Regards,

Tanya

Angelina,

I don't think you would have any trouble transitioning to 1st grade from another curriculum. We do continue with Rod & Staff math 1 and do part 2 in 1st grade. And we use SRA 2 in 1st grade after using SRA 1 in k, but we only use the SRA as supplemental worksheets, so I don't really think that is an issue. The work is so simple in these years, and every curriculum's goal is to teach reading, writing, and basic math, so moving from one to another is no big deal at this age.

Cheers,

Tanya

Thank you, Tanya. That is very helpful. I'm especially glad to know that first grade continues with Rod and Staff Math 1. I was thinking that first grade did the R&S Math 2 and didn't think my daughter would be ready for that.

Thanks a bunch.
    Angelina in LA

Default Literature Study Guides

[QUOTE=tanya]Hello.

I do have literature study guides for 2nd-7th grades ready if those would help you. We haven't published them officially yet, but I am selling in-house printed versions as people request them. They are generally 2 pages per chapter and include work in vocabulary, comprehension questions, and writing/mapping/discussion topics. I'll be glad to speak with you about those if you think they would help you.

Tanya[/QUOTE]

Hi Tanya - I'd love to see the literature study guides! I have children in most grades (1-11) - could you send me some information on the book titles and pricing?

Thankyou,

Linda (in Australia).

adnilpress@ozemail.com.au
    Linda
    ADNIL PRESS
    [url]www.adnilpress.com[/url]