Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jltweedy4
    • Apr 2006

Latine Christiana for 2nd Grade?

I'm new to this teaching Latin business, but am very happy with the Prima Latina curriculum. I started using it in January with my 1st grade boy. We've just finished lesson 10 and will continue working through the summer months on this. I'm wondering, when we finish Prima Latina, should we proceed to Latina Christiana, or is that too advanced for 2nd grade? I'd like to keep moving, but don't want him to be overwhelmed. He does catch on very quickly and memorizes well. He seems to enjoy what we are currently working on.

Thanks for your help!

jltweedy4
  • abbey
    • Oct 2005

Not too difficult at all. If your son is doing well with Prima Latina, he shouldn't have any problems with LC1 either. You'll find that much (about half) of LC1 is review too, which makes it even easier.

I found a bigger step was going from LC1 to LC2, but even then, my young second grader has handled it well this year.

Comment

• classical4mom
      • Oct 2005

I agree with Abbey

My 7 year old first grader is just finishing up PL. He will be doing LC for 2nd grade.

Comment

• Reedy
        • May 2006

Kindergarten Latin

I just learned about this service today. We are starting a new charter school to be called The Seven Hills Academy. I want to start Latin in Kindergarten. Can anyone tell me how many times per week we should have it and how long the periods should be? I have the same question re 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade. Any help will be appreciated; we need it. I don't want Latin to get off to a bad start.

Comment

Working...