Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Timeline Program

Default New Timeline Program

I just got the newsletter that highlights the brand new timeline program you have added. It looks fantastic! You make it so tempting to add new things mid-year!

To prevent myself from being overly anxious about using it, could you fill me in on where it fits into the curriculum plans? Is there a specific grade, or grades, in which it is used? And lastly, will it be included in the lesson plans for that/those grade/s?

Thanks so much! I can't wait to use it!
    AMDG,
    Sarah

Hi, Sarah.

We're excited about the new timeline project too. We intend for it to be used in 3rd-6th grades. We've laid out the dates by grade in the Timeline Handbook so you would know what dates to cover each year. We don't have this included in the lesson plans. Basically, you would add the dates to your timeline as you study them in Christian Studies, Classical Studies, etc. It will be pretty easy to keep up with because there aren't that many dates for each grade. Each year, you will start with the dates on your timeline that you learned the previous year and add new ones as the year progresses. So, by the time you get to 6th grade, your timeline will be pretty full at the beginning of the year.

Regards,

Tanya

Default Thanks!

That sounds great...it sounds like enough to reinforce what they are learning without making it another subject in and of itself. Our three oldest will be in odd-numbered grades next year, so it will be a great time to begin it (and I can relax about not feeling like we "need" it now! LOL)

Thanks for the help!
    AMDG,
    Sarah

What are the dimensions of it?

The timeline wall cards are 60 cards the size of flashcards plus half-page "BC" and "AD" cards and an image of the birth of Christ just a bit bigger than half a page. You can expand or condense it as much as you want. When we initially put it up in our office, it took up the space of a typical classroom wall, but it could also fit on two tri-fold poster boards.

Paul
    Last edited by pschaeffer; 12-17-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Wrong number of cards
    Paul S
    Memoria Press
    www.MemoriaPress.com
    Classical Christian Textbooks

Do you know yet when this will be available for purchase?

Hello.

The Timeline Flashcards, Comp & Sketch Book, and Wall Cards are here. We are still keying the events in the Timeline Handbook, but that is the only incomplete part of the program. I'm hoping to have it complete by the end of Jan.

You can find the program on our website here:

http://www.memoriapress.com/descriptions/timeline-grammar.html

Regards,

Tanya

Thank you!

Hello! I'm new here, but I had a few questions about the timeline pack

Will this pack work with any history materials or is it specific to the books/materials used in the various years of the MP curriculum?

What is the first historical date that is mentioned in the timeline? Does is assume a young earth (dating creation around 4000 BC) or can it be used by those who believe in an old earth?

And finally, just to clarify, the purpose of this timeline is for memorizing major points in history to create a basic framework in the child's mind for when things took place, correct? That is why there are only 60 entries, right?

Depending on the answer to these questions, this might be exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you for making such fabulous products! I'm new to MP, but I look forward to learning more about your curriculum.... I love what I see so far!

Hello.

Our Timeline Set can be used with any curriculum. The dates are basic dates that students should know, regardless of the curriculum they are using. Our goal is for students to see an overview of history - what is happening at the same time, where the events they study fit into the rest of history.

Our central date is the Birth of Christ, and all other events are before or after that. We have a lot of B.C. dates because we study a lot of ancient history, but we don't deal with the age of the world at all. Our Biblical dates for Abraham, the Flood, etc. are just "Pre-History," no specific date. Our first specific date is 2500 B.C. (Great Pyramids), followed by 2000 (Call of Abraham).

Regards,

Tanya