Thread: Diploma/transcript

Default Diploma/transcript

I am increasingly interested in using MP through high school, but I am also concerned about getting a proper diploma and transcript to facilitate college admissions. What does MP recommend for users of the program, as far as how to get diplomas and transcripts? It doesn't look like those services are offered in the online academy.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for your questions about the online academy. We have instructors send out an official grade report at the end of the year (or semester upon request) for year long courses, and at the end of the semester for semester courses.

We also offer a transcript upon request. We do not offer diplomas as we are not accredited, and are not seeking to be accredited. However, we have had no issues with colleges and universities accepting our courses as part of a student's high school credit. We do keep documentation on each student, but not every student wants or even needs a transcript; some of that depends upon the state and/or universities that your student would apply to.

If you have other questions please feel free to give me a call at 877-862-1097.

Scott Piland
    www.memoriapress.com/onlineschool

Default Diploma/transcript

Great, that is helpful. I am wondering, though, if the transcripts are available only to students who take the full online courses. Are they available with the Independent Study option, where the work is guided and graded but with no web component?

Hello,

Yes, this is available. All you have to do at the end of your course of study is to email a request to the help line email address. Then, I'll ask you for some additional information so I can get the transcript filled out, signed by the appropriate people, and then emailed to you securely.

Thanks!

Scott Piland

Default Diploma/transcript + independent study question

Thank you! Finally...some of the online classes do not have an independent study option shown. Is that because they are really not available or because the option is simply not posted for some reason?

Hello,

Some of our courses do not have the IS option. If one is not listed, it is because we don't offer the IS option.

Scott Piland

Default Diploma/transcript + independent study question

Oh, bummer. Well, does that mean there would be no way to get a transcript for those studies if the student did them on his own? In other words, would the student have to take the online class in order to get the transcript? Thanks. I think that's the last question!

Hello,

Yes, the student would have to take the IS course to get a transcript.

Scott Piland